July 27, 2012

Book Review: Seven Day Loan by Tiffany Reisz

Title: Seven Day Loan  
Subtitle: 12 Shades of Surrender
Author: Tiffany Reisz
Release Date: July 1st 2012 (first published November 16th 2010)
Publisher: Harlequin
Imprint: Mills and Boon Spice
Source: Received from NetGalley via the publisher.

Want more than Fifty Shades? Mills & Boon have the answer with 12 Shades of Surrender! All 12 stories promise unforgettable romances with a sinful edge – surrender to pure reading pleasure… 

A trained submissive, Eleanor will do whatever her master commands - even spend a week with a stranger! But while she'll let him have her body, she's determined to keep a guard around her heart...

A trained submissive, Eleanor will do whatever her master commands...even spend a week with a stranger. Daniel has been a recluse since his wife's death, and Eleanor's lover thinks spending time with her will be therapeutic—especially since Daniel is also a Dom. Despite her defiant streak, Eleanor can't resist giving in to Daniel's erotic demands. But while she'll let him have her body, she's determined to keep a guard around her heart. Even if Daniel wants to make Eleanor his permanently....

My Thoughts

While this book has been released by Harlequin as a stand alone novella, Seven Day Loan is actually part of a series written by author Tiffany Reisz and originally released back in 2010.

That aside, I had a problem with this story straight off the bat. 
Eleanor is a submissive and yet she has a smart mouth and likes to bait her Dom into proving who's in charge. Forgive me if I'm wrong but a well trained Sub will not act in such a manner. Besides which, the creep factor for her Dom is off the charts. So I was already put off before Eleanor was even 'gifted' to her recluse 'master' for the week. *eye roll*

I'm open to and often enjoy reading a good BDSM sex scene, but lacklustre to the point of boringly clinical supposed hot sex is what I got. 
I've read hotter stuff in a standard Harlequin book (hot isn't just defined by how adventurous the sex is!) this was just icky, and quite frankly yawn worthy. 

As well as Eleanor being a bad sub, and the boring sex, there just seemed to be a lot of other stuff that didn't make sense to me either, but if I completely pick it apart I'd be here all day.

Overall, I didn't like the characters or the narrative, and I definitely didn't enjoy the sex. 
The whole thing was just too shallow for me sorry. 1 Star :[

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...