December 10, 2011

Book Review: Lure of Song and Magic by Patricia Rice

Title: Lure of Song and Magic
Author: Patricia Rice
Release Date: January 1st 2012
Publisher: Sourcebooks Casablanca
Source: Received from the publisher via Netgalley

Workaholic TV producer Dylan Ives believes former singing sensation Syrene Malcolm holds the clue to finding his kidnapped son. A lost child herself, Syrene cares about the missing boy even though Dylan's personality is nothing short of rude. But Syrene refuses to unleash her dangerous siren's voice, even for a man who is impossible to deny...

Click here to read an excerpt






My Thoughts

I had not previously read anything by this author and so had no expectations, and only in writing this review did I realise that this is a contemporary and present day continuation of the author's historical Malcolm and Ives characters.

That being said there really isn't a lot to complain about. 
The writing is good, the characters are believable, if a little 'Hollywood unrealistic' and there's enough mystery and shady back story to keep a new reader like myself interested.

Sadly, I just didn't connect with the characters.

I felt no urgency, no heartfelt longing in the love story. 
It was just a nice, not bad, slow paced romantic read for me.
3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...