April 5, 2011

The Week In Review

I've been super busy with non book related life this week and I'm desperately trying to find some reading time.

I got a rude awakening when someone didn't like my comment about a book being discussed on a book club themed FB page and so thought she'd send me a fairly irate message......WTF.....I'm aloud an opinion lady!! Its called not being a minion and kissing arse and actually saying what I believe. See that? what 'I' believe, you don't have to like my opinion, but its mine. Okay? enough said.

My 4 year old had a terrible allergic reaction to bites that she received on her ankle and wrist this week. The bites blistered and within hours her foot and hand were hugely swollen (think 'the elephant man') and very itchy. The Doctor is unsure of the cause but suspects a spider bite. Lots of antihistamines, penicillin and ibuprofen later and she seems to be feeling better and the swelling is almost all gone.

Between the new netball season, training twice a week, Saturday game, after school book club, drama class, parent help at pre school, doctors appointments, general taxi-ing of children all over, I've barely time for a coffee let alone a book. And I've got 3 books waiting to be read and reviewed within the next week or two so I'm really hoping to have those done soon.

So keep an eye out for reviews of The Girl In The Steel Corset by Kady Cross, The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter and When You Dare by Lori Foster.

My lovely husband, who totally doesn't get my book obsession, actually bought me a book this week.
A cook book!! Perhaps he's hinting?!
With a southern hemisphere winter fast approaching I like to do lots of meals in the crock pot, they are quick and easy and leave me lots of reading time. This cook book is a crock pot cook book full of lovely dinner ideas and some nice desserts too. So bonus points for him!!

So keep a look out for those book reviews, I'm off to get coffee and start reading!!!

100 Great Ways to Use Slow Cookers and Crockpots

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that must have been very worrying about your daughter! My daughter recently went through a troubling time with developing an allergy to dust, and dust mites -- it was a mystery for quite a few weeks -- elephant man fingers were common place for a while there. Luckily, now we know what it is, it's easily avoided...most of the time.

    And nice book selection! Hmm cook book? Yes, he is hinting. Unless, of course, you mentioned you wanted said cookbook. Then he was just being utterly sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cath....Maggie James here! Was just over on Paranormal Haven's blog and noticed your comment so I just thought I'd stop by and introduce myself. Glad you enjoyed the interview! Please feel free to stop by my blog and follow! Here's the link: http://maggiejames-author.blogspot.com/
    Take care-MAGGIE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi JoAnne, and thanks for popping in =]
    Wow, an allergy to dust and dust mites?! That would be really hard to manage I suspect. (I guess it means lots of pledge and dusting for you:[)
    Well, the cook book is on a shelf with all my others for now but I'm sure we will use it lots, it was a nice thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Daniel of oil painting courses, and thanks =]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya Maggie, thanks for the link.
    I will pop over there next and say hi :)
    I do like the sound of Love Bleeds and have added it to my list of books to read (its kinda getting out of hand but I will get to it!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cath...just wanted to stop by and let you know that I posted an excerpt from LOVE BLEEDS on my blog today, if you're interested!!! Thought you might enjoy a sneak peek:)
    Take care,
    MAGGIE

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...