April 23, 2011

Honorable Mentions


So with my girls on two weeks school holidays, I have little to no time to read and if I manage to get anywhere near the computer it’s for a few minutes at a time, if I’m lucky.
I’m trying to keep the girls entertained and the house tidy but I’m fighting a losing battle!!

I’m struggling to keep up with my reading and I’ve got a stack of unread library books almost due. And it seems I’m always running behind. No matter what I do, or how I plan, I never seem to get on top of any of my jobs. I’m like the dog that chases its tail.
Constantly saying “I’ll get around to it” and never getting there.

I have managed to finally finish Hidden Away by Maya Banks and Unwind by Neal Shusterman in the last week and wanted to give both authors a quick shout out.

Maya Banks. 
Wow, super talented.
I have not yet read one of her books I didn’t like. 
She has a gift for wrapping you up in her characters until you feel like you are there along with them. Feeling what they feel, seeing through their eyes. And those gorgeous sexy Kelly brothers in her KGI series…..hell-ooohhh….super-fricken-hot-delicious-studly…..and did I mention, gorgeous and sexy!!! Oh yeah, definitely can’t get enough of those boys.







Neal Shusterman.
Unwind is the first book I have read by this author and I was captivated.
The whole scenario of ‘unwinding’ a child if they were troublesome or you were strapped for cash, struggling to feed your family, tithed from birth, or God forbid because you needed a transplant yourself, was a scary thought.
I think they way this book was approached was extremely insightful and thought provoking. With all the technology now available to us and the new and extreme transplants being offered, it made me think…are we one day going to become a society where it’s totally acceptable to harvest your entire child or someone else’s in order to better enrich your life? I certainly hope I never see the day if it does.
A truly beautifully written book, with a full range of people and standpoints included without being a confusing jumble of differing prospectives. Refreshing and masterfully told, I absolutely loved this book.


So I'm off to TRY and read something from the mountain I call my TBR pile.
I hope everyone is having a superb Easter, however you celebrate it ;]



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...