January 23, 2012

Book Review: One Grave at a Time by Jeaniene Frost


Title: One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress #6)
Author: Jeaniene Frost
Publisher: Avon Books (an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers)
Release Date: August 30th 2011
Source: Purchased for my own reading pleasure

Having narrowly averted an (under)world war, Cat Crawfield wants nothing more than a little downtime with her vampire husband, Bones. Unfortunately, her gift from New Orleans' voodoo queen just keeps on giving--leading to a personal favor that sends them into battle once again, this time against a villainous spirit.

Centuries ago, Heinrich Kramer was a witch hunter. Now, every All Hallows Eve, he takes physical form to torture innocent women before burning them alive. This year, however, a determined Cat and Bones must risk all to send him back to the other side of eternity--forever. But how do you kill a killer who's already long dead?

My Thoughts

I love Jeaniene Frost’s totally hot and witty characters and have been a big fan of Cat and Bones since I first picked up a Night Huntress Novel almost two years ago.
That being said, because I strive for complete honesty when writing a review, I have to say that this installment was a letdown for me.
I feel like I’ve been to one of those bargain basement stores and been given the cheaper, fake version.
Where was the on fire chemistry between Cat and Bones?
Where were all the fantastic one liners, the quick wit and legendary sex scenes?
Even the secondary characters fell unusually flat.
Sadly, it just didn’t do a thing for me.

A very unimpressive almost 2 Star read :/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...