February 23, 2012

Book Review: Vengeance Born by Kylie Griffin

Title: Vengeance Born (The Light Blade #1)
Author: Kylie Griffin
Release Date: February 7th 2012 
Publisher: Berkley Publishing Group
Source: Purchased for my own reading pleasure

There is no mercy in the demon realm. No escape. In this place of desperation and conflict, anyone who is not pure bred is virtually powerless. Until an unlikely champion is born...

Annika, half-blood daughter of the Na'Reish King, longs for more than her tormented life among her father's people. Conceived in hatred and bred as a tool of retribution, she's gifted with a special talent that can heal as well as destroy...

With the Na'Reish vastly outnumbering them, Kalan, a Light Blade warrior, knows the future of humankind depends on him alone. Incursions into human territory and raids for blood-slaves by the Na'Reish Horde have increased. As Chosen-leader, he faces the task of stopping the demons-and convincing the Council of aging Light Blade warriors that change is necessary for survival.

When Annika learns Kalan is a prisoner in her father's dungeon, her dream of escape seems within reach. She agrees to free him in exchange for his protection once they reach human territory. Now, marked for death for helping him, Annika must learn to trust Kalan as they face not only the perilous journey to the border but enemies within the Council-and discover a shocking truth that could throw the human race into civil war...

My Thoughts 

I was immediately drawn to this book because of the absolutely gorgeous cover art *takes a moment to admire*
As I have stated in the past, I am a total cover whore and will buy books based on the covers alone! Shallow perhaps but I am who I am!


However, after following the authors blog and getting caught up in all the snippets and insights into this story, I was gagging to get my hands on it. (made worst by the fact that delivery from TBD was excruciatingly slow!)

Once it finally arrived I went into book hibernation and didn't come out again until I was finished.

Vengeance Born did not disappoint.
Vengeance Born was everything I was expecting and more.
Vengeance Born is a keeper!

Vengeance Born is a fantasy romance wrapped in mystery, intrigue, conflict between races, and mystical powers. 
Oh and hot, sexy (and naked) Kalan. Annika is pretty awesome too (hello the cover) but I'm concentrating on my Kalan crush!

The creative world building and attention to detail that has been put into this story is extensive and made it a pleasure to read. 

The writing is smooth, the relationships between characters is real and unforced and well worth the 5 hour non stop read.  

Not only will Vengeance Born be sitting on my keeper shelf but author Kylie Griffin will be added to my list of favourites along side the likes of Nalini Singh and Jeaniene Frost.
A 5 Star read ~<;]

Links 

Author's website
Facebook profile 
At her blog 
On Goodreads 
Twitter 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...