March 31, 2018

Random thoughts on a day spent in bed reading!

Its been a long time since I sat at my laptop to write a blogpost, its been even longer since I read a book from cover to cover - let alone enjoyed it! But it had been a long week at work and all I wanted to do was curl up in bed and spend the day snuggled up with my cats and escape into a world of fantasy and adventure for a few hours.

My book of choice was Deadmen Walking by Sherrilyn Kenyon.

Now, off the top of my head I don't think I've read a book from this author in almost seven years... and I have to say it was really easy to slip back into the world that has been created.

Yes, there are some new characters to get to know and a few new rules to learn about them, but there are also a few familiar faces and mentions to help you acclimatize - and I won't waffle on about character and world building, because this isn't an actual review... just a few thoughts I've rattled off as I cook dinner!

I'm guessing that fans of the Dark Hunter world will either have loved it or hated it and that's okay, I thoroughly enjoyed my lazy day in bed meeting new hero's and remembering why I loved this world to begin with... it may be time to catch up on all the books I've missed in between!

For a new series within an already well established world I give it 3.5 stars



15 comments:

  1. I m so glad to visit this blog.This blog is really so amazing

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...