August 15, 2011

Book Review: Witch Song by Amber Argyle

Title: Witch Song
Author: Amber Argyle
Released: September 1st 2011
Publisher: Rhemalda Publishing
Source: Received from the publisher for an honest review


The world is changing.

For thousands of years, witch song has controlled everything from the winds to the shifting of the seasons. But not anymore. All the Witches are gone, taken captive by the dark Witch, Espen.

As the last echoes of witch song fade, Espen grows stronger as winter and summer come within the space of a day. Now she’s coming for the one she missed—a shy, untrained girl of fifteen named Brusenna.

Somehow, Brusenna has to succeed where every other Witch has failed. Find Espen. Fight her. Defeat her.


Or there won’t be anything left to save.


My Thoughts

I really loved this book.
The story was original and I was absorbed right from the start by the beautifully lyrical writing style. 

Brusenna's gorgeous, awkward, frighteningly gentle and trusting nature tugged at my heartstrings and I found myself immediately drawn into her world. 
I felt her struggle and pain. I understood her feelings of betrayal. And I too was filled with her want to be like everyone else, to just fit in.

Thankfully, her world is in upheaval and full of challenges, and she really comes into her own. 
Her strength, her love, and her loyalty shine through, endearing her to everyone she befriends. 
Joshen, *sigh* is a total sweetie and fierce defender of Senna. He is her new guardian and with the help of her protective dog Bruke, they trail off in search of answers in defeating the wicked witch Espen.
  
Although I was riveted from the start I was however left feeling a little let down by the last thirty or so pages. 
All the beauty and intricacy of the first 90% seemed to disappear in a race for the finish line. I was left feeling unsatisfied and wanting with the way in which it ended. 4 Stars

















No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...