May 1, 2012

Book Review: Dark Kiss by Michelle Rowen

Title: Dark Kiss (Nightwatchers #1) 
Author: Michelle Rowen
Publication Date: May 29th 2012
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Source: Received from the publisher via Netgalley

I don't do dangerous. 

Smart, über-careful, ordinary Samantha-that's me.
But I just couldn't pass up a surprise kiss from my number-one unattainable crush. A kiss that did something to me...something strange. Now I feel hungry all the time, but not for food. It's like part of me is missing-and I don't know if I can get it back.

Then there's Bishop. At first I thought he was just a street kid, but the secrets he's keeping are as intense as his unearthly blue eyes. If he's what I think he is, he may be the only one who can help me. But something terrifying is closing in, and the one chance Bishop and I have to stop it means losing everything I ever wanted and embracing the darkness inside me.... NIGHTWATCHERS When angels and demons must work together, something beyond evil is rising...


My Thoughts

This book had all the makings of a great read.
Angels, demons, cute blue eyed boy, surprising first 'dark kiss', and a seemingly normal girl with newly discovered strange powers.

But the storytelling was a little flat for me.
I just couldn't get into it.

The whole book felt disjointed, as though there was no clear idea of where the story was really going...it actually felt like the author had two or three possible story ideas and instead of picking one to go with she decided to just mash them into one with disappointing results.
There were just too many different ideas and awkward story arcs going on to hold my attention.

Overall, I liked the idea of the story but couldn't get into the ever changing and indecisive plot.
2.5 Stars :|


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...