July 7, 2012

Childrens Book Review: The Jelly That Wouldn't Wobble by Angela Mitchell

Title: The Jelly That Wouldn't Wobble
Author: Angela Mitchell
Illustrator: Sarah Horne
Release Date: May 1st 2012
Publisher: Maverick Arts Publishing Ltd
Source: Received from PR company for the purpose of an honest review.

The Jelly That Wouldn’t Wobble is a fantastic new book by debut author, Angela Mitchell and illustrated by Sarah Horne.

It is Princess Lolly’s 89th birthday party and a glorious jelly is on the menu. However there is a problem: the jelly refuses to wobble!

“I won’t wobble, I won’t wobble and that’s my final word!” screamed the jelly…

My Thoughts

This was a very funny story to read with my Miss 5, and she stopped time and again to have a good look at the illustrations, which she really liked.

Some of her comments about the book were :

"Oohh what an angry princess, she's princess grumpy pants!"

"That's a cool story. I like the mad jelly, the jelly was bad."

"Good pictures, mad bad pictures."


Its safe to say that my Miss 5 really enjoyed this story, and I definitely enjoyed reading it with her.

She did however wonder why the princess was so old!
Apparently - well in the mind of my 5 year old - "Only little girls and pretty ladies can be princesses, old princesses should be queens!"

A great story with witty text and fun illustrations, Miss 5 and I both agree that The Jelly That Wouldn't Wobble is a 5 Star read ~<;]

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...