June 17, 2013

Book Review: LICK by Kylie Scott



Title: LICK (Stage Dive #1)
Author: Kylie Scott
Release Date: July 1st 2013
Publisher: Momentum
Source: Received from the author for an honest review

 

Waking up in Vegas was never meant to be like this.

Evelyn Thomas’s plans for celebrating her twenty-first birthday in Las Vegas were big. Huge. But she sure as hell never meant to wake up on the bathroom floor with a hangover to rival the black plague, a very attractive half-naked tattooed man, and a diamond on her finger large enough to scare King Kong. Now if she could just remember how it all happened.

One thing is for certain, being married to rock and roll’s favourite son is sure to be a wild ride.

My Thoughts

I’ve been following all of the little sneak peeks of LICK on the author’s blog, chaffing at the bit for more with each tantalizing snippet. I drooled over the brooding image of David on the cover, anticipating its release with each passing day. And I squeeeed in an almighty fangirl fashion when it arrived in my inbox for review!

LICK is one of those books you stay up to the wee small hours reading.
It’s a book you read while trying to cook breakfast for the kids; a book so engrossing you’ll (well I did anyway) hold off going to the bathroom just so you can read to the end of the page... or even the next!

For those of you who have read Kylie Scott’s other books (Flesh, Skin, Room With a View: Hot Down Under, Colonist’s Wife) you’ll know about her talent for writing snazzy one liners and snarky, tongue in cheek conversations that have you swooning, giggling, and panting with lust. For those of you, who have yet to experience Kylie’s ninja writing skills, prepare for a great ride.
 

LICK is an experience in awesome; I barely stopped to write notes (hello – you already know I barely stopped for bathroom breaks!!) but the ones I did write read like this…

HOT!
FUNNY!
HOT AND FUNNY!
OMG HOT!
OMG, F*&#ING HOT!!
RAWRRRR THAT’S HOT!!!!!

You get the idea!


Yes, LICK is a book I have fallen in love with; an array of characters who feel like friends, or people I’d like to befriend (or have sex with!) Kylie's characters came alive with every word, every turn of the page, to the point I felt bereft once I'd finished reading. I am physically aching for the next book in this series, I only hope the wait isn't too long!

There really are so many things to love about LICK and I could go on-and-on about it, but you really need to experience it’s amazingness for yourself.

I NEED this in paperback on my keeper shelf now!
So I'll definitely be ordering a signed copy a.s.a.p because a
uthor Kylie Scott has solidified herself as one of my all time favourite authors.

LICK gets a super sexy, well deserved 5+ stars ~<;]
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...