November 11, 2013

~ Do What You Love ~

"I use Grammarly for english proofreading because even though I speak english, I can't always spell it!"



Not everyone has the luxury to do what they love. Plenty of people, even well in to adulthood, still don't know what it is they want to do, let alone love to do.

I love to read, always have, and when I was 17 I read my first Harlequin Mills & Boon romance and fell in love. After reading mostly great books by great authors, I did come across a few ‘stinkers’, and that’s when I first had the idea that I could do this. I wanted to write romance novels!

Now that wasn’t the first time I’d ever considered writing. At 15, I planned to study photography and journalism and had hopes of traveling the world, interviewing famous people, and covering outbreaks of war in far off places! Long story short – I dropped out of high school a year later and, so my dreams of photo-journalism were never realised.

At age 19, I decided to sit down with my electric typewriter (those were the days!) and hammer out approx 30, 000 words that I thought were pretty good back then. On reflection, not so much, and they will never see the light of day! 

Fast forward to mid 2011, and I’m a busy wife and mum to three daughters. I work evenings cleaning my local medical centre, and I read whenever I can, but I have this desire - to write something, anything. And that’s when I discovered book blogs. Places where people could freely voice their opinions on books, write all sorts of book related posts, rants, raves, reviews – pure joy!

So, I’ve been doing this blogging thing awhile now, sometimes with great success, other times, not so much. But it’s always evolving, changing shape, becoming something more.

At the moment, the blog is a little neglected. I’m behind with reviews (when am I not!) I’ve not posted any new content in a while. I’m behind with my promo spots, my author spotlights, my everything!

But my kids have been sick, one of them requiring weekly medical checkups.
I’ve been unwell.
It’s the end of the school year, and things are hectic.
I’m now working part time as an author’s assistant (best job ever!)
And who doesn’t need time off from time-to-time?!


But hopefully things can get back on track, because blogging is what I love to do, and if I can’t write books, I’ll write about them!

Do you know what you want to do?

What do you love?



 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...