January 11, 2015

Author Interview ~ Dorothy Dawson

It is my great pleasure to introduce you to author, Dorothy Dawson - here is an interview she did with me late last year!

Can you tell us a little bit about yourself that we won’t find in your bio?
I love animals. At this point, I have 3 rescue cats and 2 rescue dogs.

What do you do in your spare time or when you are not writing?

I run a small advertising company with my husband.

When did you first start writing?
When I learned to write! I used to make little books when I was a child.

How or why did you choose the genre you write in?
I chose the genre that I read the most. I know there are some genres that aren’t so saturated, but I just love inventing new worlds and sometimes creatures. It’s so much fun to let your imagination go wild.

Do you ever experience writer’s block?
Yes. And it sucks. But, I can usually find a way to get myself out of it. Usually a great book or good scary movie will help.

Do you work with an outline, or do you just write?

I’ve done both. If any ENTIRE story comes into my head, I try to jot down an outline so I don’t forget anything. But if I have an idea and need to just work it out, I just write.

What was your favorite chapter (or part) to write and why?
The first chapter in the third book of Banesville was a blast to write. It was the first time I felt like I had really broken through with a character and was able to put myself in their shoes. Plus, the scene was so intense, it just poured out of me.

What project are you working on now?
I’m almost finished with a project called Granted. “Be careful what you wish for.”

Are there certain characters you would like to go back to, or is there a theme or idea you’d love to work with again?
I love all the characters in Banesville and would love to carry on with that story line. But, I have to say I love Declan, from Conception of Evil, and would love to expand on that. We shall see.

Fast Five

Favorite food… It varies, but right now, bacon cheese burger. :)

Favourite movie… I get made fun of for this all the time, but Knowing with Nicolas Cage. Love that movie.

Cat lover or Dog person…
Both, but I guess I prefer cats

Celebrity crush… Jeffrey Dean Morgan

If you weren’t a writer, you’d be… graphic designer


Thanks so much for agreeing to be interviewed <3



Dorothy Dawson loves to write, read and spend time with her family. She runs a small business with her husband and spends most of her time on her next novel. She graduated college with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Communications in 2001.

Facebook
Twitter: @authorddawson
Goodreads
Amazon







A quaint little river town in Kentucky seemed a little boring to Lydia. When her father got transferred, she was less than excited to be pulled from a school and home she loved, to start all over... again. It turns out, however, that this small town is anything but boring. Lydia finds herself in the midst of a supernatural stomping ground that would rival her wildest dreams. Will she uncover life's mysteries and search for the path she was meant to take?
Amazon US


When Briar loses her best friend, she is thrust into a world of supernatural chaos. With a whirlwind of immortals and supernatural creatures coming to light, she quickly finds herself standing among those who fight for peace. Her unlikely group of friends, with help from Father Time and The Voice of Reason, must work to overcome a sinister plot that began more than a decade ago. With time literally on their side, they set out to uncover the secrets of the past. A supernatural war is brewing, and Briar is right in the middle of it.
Amazon US


All is not as it seems in the sleepy little town of Banesville. A dark Warlock has kidnapped Rebecca Thorne, and she narrowly escapes with her life. Determined to foil his plans of destruction, Rebecca joins forces with every supernatural creature existing in Banesville to foil his plan. Old friends, and new ones, join forces to wage war and save their friends, family, and town from his decade long evil plan. Rebecca is determined to stop the Warlock even if it means she must sacrifice her own life to do so.
Amazon US



By acclaimed author Dorothy Dawson comes another look at Banesville, Ky. In this novella, Ansley Slater, an antique jeweler in New York City, had always made her own way. She had the best of luck where her career was concerned... not so much in the love department. When the death of her aunt sent her into strange nightmares and unsettling feelings, she decided to move. Ansley returned to her hometown to get a fresh start. A horrifying look into past is what she got.
Amazon US



Three former college buddies that endlessly debated the existence of giants, or Nephilim, in biblical times are reunited for a mass murder investigation. They find that these slayings were not committed by men. The 'fallen ones' had come to claim the women who were worthy to bear their children, and once again, their offspring would bring terror to the Earth. Two Secret Societies had fought against each other for years. The Sodalitat had worked endlessly to prevent such a shattering event from taking place. The Camorra did everything in their power to bring upon the resurrection of the Nephilim, going as far as attempting to recreate the creatures in a lab using viable DNA from excavated bones. A young student gets caught in the crossfire when she is chosen. Women who are found unworthy are slaughtered. The government finds a gene marker that allows them to indicate if a citizen is a descendant of the Nephilim, and calls forth those with distinct characteristics to be tested. Pandemonium breaks loose across the world as citizens react to the news.
Amazon US



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...