March 19, 2011

Book Review: Archangel's Consort by Nalini Singh

*I hate spoilers in a review and therefore will only include the blurb for this book and refrain from giving away anything else for the benefit of those who may still have this on their TBR piles.*

Archangel's Consort
Nalini Singh

Vampire hunter Elena Deveraux and her lover, the lethally beautiful archangel Raphael, have returned home to New York only to face an uncompromising new evil…

A vampire has attacked a girls’ school—the assault one of sheer, vicious madness—and it is only the first act. Rampant bloodlust takes vampire after vampire, threatening to make the streets run with blood. Then Raphael himself begins to show signs of an uncontrolled rage, as inexplicable storms darken the city skyline and the earth itself shudders.

The omens are suddenly terrifyingly clear.

An ancient and malevolent immortal is rising. The violent winds whisper her name: Caliane. She has returned to reclaim her son, Raphael. Only one thing stands in her way: Elena, the consort who must be destroyed…




MY THOUGHTS

The third book in the Guild Hunter series, Archangel's Consort was a very highly anticipated January release. I had this book pre ordered back in November and counted down the days, hungrily watching the letter box for its arrival.

Once it did however, I was really reluctant to read it. For some reason it sat on my bookshelf for over a month before I finally picked it up and started. And sadly its taken me almost a week to read it.

Now I generally will read a book in 1-2 days, but this was just so slow to start. You know that feeling when the laundry is mocking you from the sideboard or dining table because its been there for days and you still haven't put it away? Yeah, that's how I felt with this book. Dont get me wrong, I love the characters of Elena and Raphael.
Kick ass, independent heroine and gorgeous, protective, sexy Archangel, a great sizzling combination, but urgh, I just wasn't feeling it. Yes they had some great sex but for me the emotion fell short.
And just when I thought 'this is it, the actions going to start' it didn't. And I had that feeling more than once but it just didn't happen and I was left feeling a little cheated.

This book had the potential to blow the roof off the previous two, but ended up being a hollow shell of the others instead.

So............
Will I be put off reading the next book in this series? No.
Would I recommend this book to people? Yes, but I won't be raving about it.

So for me, a mediocre read, but still one of my favorite couples.
Only a 3.5 out of 5 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...