September 25, 2011

Special Guest Book Reviewers: The Fearsome Beastie by Giles Paley-Phillips

Title: The Fearsome Beastie
Author: Giles Paley-Phillips
Illustrator: Gabriele Antonini
Release Date: May 31st 2011
Publisher: Maverick Arts Publishing 
Source: Received from the author for an honest review 


The fearsome beastie is searching for something to eat and the children are at the top of the menu.

Will they be fooled by the fearsome beastie and his clever tricks?













Thoughts

So I have two very special guest reviewers for this book today. 
As it is a children's picture book, my two youngest daughters and I have sat down to read this book together and we will each give our own review.


Miss 9

It was good and I liked the rhyming.
The pictures are nice. They are clear and bright.
It was funny, but I wouldn't eat beastie stew!!!


Miss 4

That was a scary one!
I liked it. It has nice pictures.
Its scary ay Mummy?!
Read it again!! 


Me

I absolutely loved this book.
It is a beautifully rhyming, colorfully illustrated, totally gorgeous little read. 
It really is a book I could happily read over and over, in fact, we already have!!
And I love seeing the shocked look on the face of my 4 year old every time.
This book is a thoroughly enjoyable read for the whole family.
With just the right amount of scare and surprise and some laughs thrown in too I would highly recommend this book to everyone. 
A definite 5 Star read.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...