March 2, 2012

Book Review: Angel Evolution by David Estes

Title: Angel Evolution (Evolution Trilogy #1)
Author: David Estes
Release Date: October 17th 2011
Publisher: Smashwords
Source: Received from the author for an honest review

The Evolution Trilogy... When Taylor meets Gabriel at college, she is in awe of the subtle glow that surrounds him. No one else, not even her best friend, seems to notice. Something about him scares her. Is all as it appears? While Taylor struggles for answers, she finds herself in the middle of a century old war centered on one miraculous revelation: evolution.











My Thoughts

I really like what this author has done with his tale of Angels and Demons, good and evil.
He's flipped it around, turned it on its head and injected a refreshing and intriguing twist.

I have enjoyed this new look Angel story.
Sadly, I haven't enjoyed some of the characters.
I found Taylor to be extremely gullible and very annoying so she was well suited to Gabriel who I quite frankly, found to be sleazy. 
By the end of the book Gabriel pretty much redeems himself with his genuine love for Taylor but it may have been a little late in coming and not enough to make me really like him. 
I wanted to fall in love with the characters and get to know them more but the only character I wanted to hear more about was Chris who I felt could have had a bigger role in the story, to really shake up the foundations and question every ones beliefs.

All in all, I did enjoy the authors writing and the premise of the story but for me, the characters needed some development, they were a little weak. 

I wouldn't mind reading books 2 and 3 in this series to see what happens next, but I'm in no rush.

An entertaining but lack lustre 3.5 star read

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...