August 24, 2012

Children's Book Review: The 13th Horseman by Barry Hutchison

I was lucky enough to win a copy of this book and while I had every intention of reading this with my 10year old daughter, she loved the first chapter so much that she barreled along without me.

The following thoughts are hers alone, I've just typed it up for her :)

Title: The 13th Horseman (Afterworlds #1)
Author: Barry Hutchison
Release Date: March 1st 2012
Publisher: HarperCollinsChildren'sBooks


In a darkly funny, action-packed adventure, fourteen year old Drake is surprised to discover the Horsemen of the Apocalypse hanging out in his garden shed. He’s even more surprised when they ask him to join them. The team is missing a Horseman, having gone through several Deaths, and they think Drake is the boy for the job.

Miss 10's Thoughts

I really enjoyed the book, and all the characters are pretty cool too.

My favorite character is Famine because all he ever did was eat food and he was really funny.

The story is interesting and has a bit of mystery to it, and has lots of funny bits.

One of my favorite scenes was at the end when Famine was on the ground and War said "Hey look at that cake over there"
Then Famine sat straight up demanding "Where?" and War pulled a muffin out of his pocket, it was funny.

War was a great character too, I liked that he kept teasing Drake all the time.

I would definitely read more books from this author because I really loved The 13th Horseman a lot.

I rate this book 4.5 Stars out of 5 :)



2 comments:

  1. Hello!

    Thanks so much for your fab review! Really glad you liked the book, and even more glad that Famine was your favourite character. Most people don't like Famine, so it's always nice to hear when someone does. Team Famine all the way!

    Barry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the comment Barry, Miss 10 is literally bouncing off the walls with glee :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...