August 6, 2012

Childrens Book Review: Grandma Bendy by Izy Penguin

Title: Grandma Bendy
Author: Izy Penguin
Illustrator: Izy Penguin
Release Date: May 2012
Publisher: Maverick Arts Publishing Ltd
Source: received from PR company for the purpose of an honest review

A quirky story about a bendy burglar, who learns the error of her ways.
Grandma Bendy is the bendiest grandma. She has twizzly arms and super stretchy legs!

In the past Grandma Bendy used her skills for bad and was an excellent burglar. However a taste of her own medicine sets her on the straight and narrow!



My Thoughts

I had fun reading this with my Miss 5. She had me in stitch's as she tried to stretch and twist her body like a pretzel in an attempt to show me how she was just like Grandma Bendy!

Here's what Miss 5 had to say about the book:

"Its funny but bad. Stealing is bad"

"The Grandma is like elastic and that's not good, my Grandma's not elastic!"


Whilst twisting her body on the floor: "See I can do it! But I'm not a stealer!"

"Its (the story) really, really good" 

A neat little story with a lesson in morals and responsibility, Grandma Bendy gets 5 Stars from us ~<;]


Grandma Bendy is written and illustrated by first time author Izy Penguin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...