October 3, 2015

NZ Independent Book Festival 2015

If you're around Auckland tomorrow and you love a good book, I highly recommend you head to the NZ Independent Book Festival being held at the North Shore Events Centre.

I stopped by on my way home from a family event today and would have loved to have spent the whole afternoon perusing the many stands, meeting some more of these tremendous authors and publishers etc, but the needs of my tired and grumpy children took precedence and so I only had a quick whip round - and boy I was impressed!

There were so many varied genres being represented - children's books, romance, thrillers, self help, paranormal, science and speculative fiction, general fiction and so much more! I met a number of authors and publishers that I will definitely be looking up and adding to my tbr list very soon - and everyone was so welcoming and lovely.

I did have the chance to catch up with a dear friend and one of my favorite authors T.G. Ayer, who introduced me to her friends and fellow authors J.C. Hart and Leigh K. Hunt - again, two really lovely ladies!

 

So head on over, check out what is on offer and maybe pick up a great book or two (or more) to read!

Author, T.G. Ayer and Book Chatter Cath (me!)

  *FREE ENTRY - North Shore Event Centre, off Argus Place, Hillcrest
Saturday 3rd (12pm - 4pm) + Sunday 4th (10am - 4pm)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...