October 31, 2011

Share The Book You're Most Thankful For.....


When I was 9, my Dad took me to see The Neverending Story at the movies.
I eagerly watched Bastian read about Fantasia, a mystical land which desperately needs a hero to save it from destruction.
I also feel in love (for the first time ever) with Atreyu


A few years later, when I about 13, I found the book The Neverending Story by Michael Ende in my school library.
I had never been so engrossed by storybook characters before in my life. 
Yes the movie had been great but the book just blew my mind. 
It was while reading The Neverending Story that I realised how much more powerful words were than pictures.
And I feel in love with Atreyu all over again ♥♥♥


Its thanks to the beautiful and fanciful world that Michael Ende created that I fell in love with books (and leading men!!!)

Beth Revis is having an ULTIMATE giveaway over on her blog and you really need to check it out
 
 


That's right!
One person will win 19 signed books, a box of Turkish Delight, and a metric ton of swag and book goodies!

There's also going to be four runner-up prizes
 
So what are you waiting for head on over to 

2 comments:

  1. Neverending Story is one of my favourite movies. Unlike you I tried to read the book after watching the movie and I just kept thinking about the movie and the actors who played the characters. The same thing happened with The Princess Bride. I love the movie so much and can't bring myself to read the book.

    The book I'm most thankful for is Shadow of the Wind by Spanish author, Carlos Ruiz Zafon. One of those books that I quite often day dream about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Zac,
    I LOVE The Princess Bride too ♥

    I think that sometimes the movie makers do get it exactly right and no matter how hard you try reading the book, it just doesn't do it for you.

    Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts, so please don't hesitate to leave a comment :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...